Monday 12 March 2012

Guest room freshen up



A while ago I wrote here about how we did some home improvement and my Mom helped me make some curtains for our spare room. I promised to share some pictures and completely forgot! Without Further ado here we go :
I also made a pin board to match said curtains and shared my tutorial for that here

I made it to jazz up our very boring desk area which looked like this:

Well I FINALLY Remembered to by double sided tape  attached the pin board to the wall ! now our desk area is looking a little more complete




To corral all my pens and glue sticks I cleaned out some tins and printed some scrapbook paper off the net (I can't remember where I got it from)


Here is a close up of the (still empty) pin-board. The butterfly comes from the beautiful flowers my hubby got me for my birthday this year


The sleeper couch is covered ,for the moment, with a sheet. The long term plan is to recover the couch in denim . I made the pillow case cover with another remnant of material. Its just a simple envelope cover which took about 15 minutes to make. As the room is so small we only pull it out when we have guests just to make the room more functional for us.


 I still have some tweaks I'd like to make to the space but for now its functional and a looks a lot better than it did. The walls still need to be painted and repaired from the water damage we had before moving in and I'd like to recover the couch and add in some more denim accents .
for now though I'm Happy :)




linking up with





How to Nest for Less

1 comment:

  1. I like your pin board and before you know it, it will be full!! Thanks for linking up at SweetTalkin' Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a comment :)