Thursday 3 January 2013

Word for the year :)

First off Happy new year :) I know I kind of fell of the wagon over the past few weeks but the combination of year end/holidays/building drama/exhaustion kicked my butt !!
 
I haven't made any New years resolutions this year, because honestly I'm really bad at following through with them. Instead I decided to pick a 'theme' for the year and to run with it.
 
This years theme is :
 
 
2012 was a difficult year in many ways. Lots of changes and challenges reared their heads and sometimes it felt like I was just pushing through from bed-time to bed-time. In 2013 I want to fill my life up with things that matter and do more than just exist.
 
 
The Mirriam-Webster online dictionary defines thriving as

Definition of THRIVE

1
: to grow vigorously : flourish
2
: to gain in wealth or possessions : prosper
3
: to progress toward or realise a goal despite or because of circumstances —often used with on <thrives on conflict>
 
All three of the above sound pretty good (although growing in wealth/possessions is not necessarily what I'm aiming for it would be nice ;) ).
 
Whats your theme /word for 2013?
 
The Lettered Cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a comment :)