Monday 14 May 2012

updates:)

Hi all! We've been away on holiday for the last two weeks,hence my Blogging silence:) It was a wonderful time to get a good rest and spend time with people we don't get to see all that often! I did try to get a quick post in but technology failed me but I knew you would all understand... I shall try and include all the highlights :)

We started off by flying to Johannesburg and then down to my folks in East London.it was quite a moment as we realised that in our four years together Willie and I have Never actually flown together (we always flew to visit each other so it was a nice trip) . The airport was insanely busy both in Nam and in Jo-berg and we were really stressed bout getting through passport control in time to make our connecting domestic flight (I have seriously never seen so many people in the customs hall!!) but we made it so big thumbs up to SA customs for processing people so quickly !!

after landing in EL the folks picked us up and we took a drive down memory lane to see where we used to live when I was very young. We were camping for the long weekend in Morgan Bay and it was beautiful! Our site overlooked the lagoon and the ocean and we had mostly good weather.





When we got back to King on Tuesday. It was a very restful time (mainly cos there isn't very much to do in King Williams town) but we got to go to Da Gama and picked up some fabric to recover our couch for R20 p/m which was a HUGE score. I also drooled over the other amazing fabric that wouldn't fit in my bag for the flight back like this one:

We went to Hogs-back for the day and it was such a quaint little town. They have the cutest church and with the changing season the leaves on the trees were all beautiful.





we went up to Johannesburg for the last weekend for two special events: My special friend Sarah's Kitchen tea and my other equally special friends Taz and Quintin's cute little baby's dedication. We are so glad we were able to make both of these events as we live so far but it was great to catch up and see every one!

I got some pics of the Décor for the Kitchen tea but figured the Bride to be might not want pictures of her 'Makeover' put out into the Blog world :)


 the colour scheme was basically yellow/orange/pink/purple with the overall theme being the Fruit of the spirit. My extremely talented sister-in-law made these and they not only looked fantastic but were yummy too (let me know if you need her number ;) )


The photo's I have from the dedication are all grainy and from far away :( but Chloe's is definitely a sweetheart and charmed her way through the dedication . My favourite part was her trying to catch the microphone while the pastor was praying for her :)

so in a nutshell that was our last two weeks:) it was wonderful to get away and recharge . 

love

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a comment :)